Saturday, June 11, 2011

Utah Valley Marathon


Marlin finished his 2nd marathon this morning! He had to wake up around 2:45 in the morning and be in Provo at 3:30 to catch a shuttle up to Wallsburg. The race started in Wallsburg, went down the Provo Canyon, and ended on Provo Center Street.


The race started at 6:00 am and Marlin crossed the finish line around 9:30. It took him about 3 and a half hours to finish. His goal was to beat his last time which was about 3 hours and 45 minutes. He would have been faster, but his calf cramped up at about mile 23 so he had to walk some of the way. To help with the pain, he took off his undershirt and tied it around his calf. Then he found like an arm band on the ground and put it around his other leg. He would. lol.
 Marei, Jaya, Heather, and I were all near the finish line to cheer him on! I was so proud of him when I saw him running towards us! I admire his hard work and ability to endure that long run.
 
Marlin was so happy when he saw Marei
and Jaya standing there cheering him on!

Almost there!

Proud Wife :)
 
He did it!


Finish line



No comments:

Post a Comment