Saturday, June 11, 2011

~Pregnancy~


   
19 weeks

20 weeks


26 weeks


 
29 weeks


31 weeks

34 weeks


35 weeks


36 Weeks

38 weeks



 


                             
 I am 38 weeks pregnant right now and just so anxious for this little girl to get here! I have been blessed to have a healthy and fairly easy pregnancy.
      

Marlin and I found out that we were expecting on October 25, 2010. I was pretty sure that I was pregnant because of the symptoms I was having but Marlin was in denial. I told him that I thought I was pregnant and that we should go to the store and get a test. His response was, "No...we don't need to...you're not pregnant." This continued on for a few days...so finally I just went to the store while Marlin was at work one day. I took the test and it came out positive! I was so excited but nervous to call Marlin. So I called him and to my surprise he was really happy and excited! We obviously weren't planning to get pregnant, but it happened and we are really happy that it did :)


We decided to wait to tell all of our family until we saw them in person. We were going to try and wait to tell them at Christmas time, but we ended up telling them at Thanksgiving. My sister-in-law, Leatha, is the first person that I told. She is a pregnancy guru so I thought it would be a good idea to tell her so that she could help me if I had any questions or needed advice. When I told her she gasped and said, "OMG I think I'm pregnant too!!" Well sure enough, a week later, she found out that she was. It has been nice going through pregnancy together and being able to complain to each other. lol. She is just a week behind me.


During the first trimester of my pregnancy, I was pretty nauseous. I had to eat a snack like every hour to prevent nausea. I could not cook, walk into the kitchen, or even open up the fridge without feeling sick. I hated seeing food comercials on T.V...yuck!  All I wanted to eat was fruit and salad. I actually think that I lost weight in my first trimester because of my diet. The hardest part about being nauseous was that nobody really knew I was pregnant so there was no one to complain to but Marlin. I think he probablly got sick of my complaining, but he did such a great job of taking care of me :) Nurturing is one of his strengths.


About a month and a half into my pregnancy, Marlin broke his arm! He went to go tackle someone while playing rugby, and heard/felt his arm snap. We took him to the emergency room and found out that it was the same bone he had broken while playing football a few years back. Mind you, this bone ALREADY had a metal plate in it. His arm broke at the very tip of the metal plate. So he had to get surgery on it. They took out the old metal plate and screwed in a longer metal plate to his bone. This pretty much ended his rugby days. We had a rough few days that week. He was in bed and trying to do as much as he could with one arm. I had to go to work and try and take care of him...but I was already feeling sick myself. We ate out a lot those few days and our apartment got pretty messy. But Marlin was such a trooper..he was back to work a few days after the surgery and taking care of me again :)


In December, Marlin and I went to our first doctor's appointment. It was the first time we got to see the baby's ultrasound. That was one of the coolest moments ever! It was like a reality check. I was just thinking..Wow....there really is a little person inside of me! Marlin and I were just filled with joy when we saw our baby up on the screen! I love technology :)


 I think it was January when we found out we were having a girl! The whole pregnancy, I actually thought I was going to have a baby boy. I was wrong! My students were soooo excited to find out what I was having. The day before my ultrasound, we took a vote in class. Most of a my students thought I would have a boy..and about 8 or 9 though it would be a girl. I made a pink and blue poster and had students write their names on the blue if they thought it was a boy and the pink if they thought it was a girl. When they came back, the only poster that would be hanging would be which ever one it was. They also wanted me to wear pink if it was a girl and blue if it was a boy. So the next day, I wore a pink shirt. They were soooo happy. Especially the girls. lol. Marlin and I were also very happy. Marlin told me afterwards that he secretly wanted it to be a girl the whole time..but didn't want to say anything because he didn't want to be dissappointed. How sweet. :) Its funny because there were so many guys that asked him if he was sad that it wasn't a boy. He wasn't sad at all...he's looking forward to having a daddy's girl :)


          Crystal and Heather put on a baby shower for me in May. We had a great turn out and it was lots of fun! We had it in Heather's club house which was nice and spacious. Her and Crystal did a really good job with the decorations. We played some fun games and ate delicous food. I got LOTs of cute girly things for the baby.
     

 


Pregnant Ladies at the Shower



We are so excited for our baby girl to get here! We have her room and crib all set up..plenty of clothes...and baby supplies..the only things we are still missing are a car seat and stroller (we're working on it). Oh..and we still have to decide on a name...but we have a few in mind :)



    I am soooo ready for my swollen feet and hands to go away. I'm ready to start sleeping on my stomach again. I'm ready to stop using the bathroom 300 times a day..! Most of all, I'm ready to meet our baby girl!!



No comments:

Post a Comment