Saturday, January 12, 2013

Cante Skuya - 14 months

Well, my little sweetheart was something else yesterday morning! She was throwing fits left and right! She has been sick this week with a runny nose, fever, raspy voice, and cough. Last night, we finally took her to the doctor and found out that on top of being sick, she is getting 4 molers and 4 canines! That explains A LOT! After the trip to the doctor she was fine :). Probably because her papa was in town! He came up to go through Grandpas things and pick up a scooter and 3 wheeler! After he came back, Becky, Rachel, and Brittany stopped by and visited for a little bit.

Later, I gave Cante a bath and she ran away without letting me put her clothes on. I didn't feel like fighting it, so I gave her a bottle and put her to sleep. Well, in the middle of the night, I woke up and she was lying in bed naked! LoL. I don't know what happened to her diaper..luckily she didn't wet the bed.

Today is Sunday and she has been great :). She has been giving hugs and kisses galore! I love it when she does that! After church she took a nap and ate some lunch. I cooked dinner and read her a few books. One of the books I read to her is about activities you can do at the park. One of the pages had a little boy rolling down a hill..so what did I teach her how to do? Roll across the room of course! She loved it :) After dinner, I took and nap and Marlin took Cante outside to play. When he came in he said..."That little girl knows how to move. I turned around for a minute and when I looked back Cante was down the road." LOL. Its true...her legs know how to get her where she wants to be!

Tomorrow I go back to school! I'm excited to go back but not looking forward to leaving Cante. I think it is going to be really hard for the both of us. She is going to be confused when she wakes up in the morning and I'm not there. I'm sure we will adjust.
We have had a great summer together. I love spending my days with her.

Here are a few "tricks" Cante learned this summer:
  •  Doing hand motions to the itsy bitsy spider and head shoulders knees and toes.
  • Throwing her diaper away after we change it.
  • Folding her arms
  • Smelling her feet and scrunching her nose "Stinky!"
  • Oinking like a pig (scrunching her nose and breathing in)
  • Putting her arms up to signal that she wants to be picked up.
  • Getting into her high chair all on her own
  • Getting into her bouncer all on her own!
  • Using the comb or brush to "do" which actually means mess up her hair
  • Shaking her head no
  • Cuddling the baby doll and wrapping her in a blanket
  • Shaking her finger no
  • Jumping up and down (she doesn't actually get off the floor)
  • Pointing to her head, belly button, earings, mouth, eyes, and ears.
  • Running

No comments:

Post a Comment