Sunday, April 15, 2012

Spring Break 2012

 
Cante and I went to California for spring break. Marlin stayed home because he had his spring break a few weeks earlier. We also thought it would work out well for us to go so that he could prepare for his finals. We started our spring break off on Friday night by going to Sizzler. We love going to buffets with Cante because there is a large selection of food to feed her. We packed until late on Friday night and then had to leave at 430 in the morning to make it to our 630 flight. Cante did pretty well on the flight. I didn't know how she would do because she doesn't really like sitting and being held, but there were plenty of people around to distract her. She stayed awake for the first 30 or 40 minutes just watching the people on the plane and then finally went to sleep. We arrived in California around 7 am. My mom, dad, and Michael picked us up from the Long Beach airport. We went and got some breakfast at Jack in the Box then went over to the Long Beach swap meet. I had never been there before. It was a combination of a swap meet and yard sale. The weather was perfect. Afterwards we went to the New Port swap meet because my mom wanted to get some flip flops from there that she had seen the last time we went. By that time, we were all exauhsted. We went home and took naps. My mom had to go to the Ontario Airport to pick up Jean and Chris. Then we all went to eat at Chevys.

Sunday was Easter! My mom got Cante a cute Easter dress and we all went to church. There were a lot of people there who were visiting. After church, we made dinner and had the missionaries over. We had hot dogs, hamburgers, chicken, corn on the cob, jello, funeral potatoes, chips, soda, lemon bars, and ice cream. It was the perfect easter meal. We had fun talking with the missionaries. Afterwards, my mom and I took Cante on a little walk to the park and let her ride in the swing.





On Monday, Cante and I slept in, got ready then walked with Michael to Ralphs to get some diapers and baby food. Later, we got Jamba Juice and went to my mom's school to help her cover the posters on her wall for testing. That night, Michael, dad, and I went to go see the Hunger games. It was even better the second time around. They really liked it too. We went and saw it at the Terra Vista theatres so the theatre wasn't packed at all.
On Tuesday, I took Cante for a walk in the morning. We just walked to Day Creek and back then I pushed her on the swing at the park. Afterwards, we went to the mall to help Michael look for a job (which we didn't even end up doing) and did a little shopping. I bought Cante a bathing suite for the summer. Then, we went and picked up my mom from school and met up with Kelley at Legends Grill. It was really good to see her and catch up. My family all came to eat too.

On Wednesday, I went with my mom and got a pedicure at the mall. Then we went to Marshalls. We got some pajamas for Cante and a couple shirts for me. My dad made spaghetti so we ate that when we got home. Then my mom and I went to go see the play, "Hairspray," with some of the teachers from her school. My dad watched Cante for us :). The play was really good and the venue was super nice! I was not expecting it to be as nice as it was. It was basically a restraunt with a stage in the front. We ordered a dessert during intermission and visited with the other teachers. I would love to go back and see another play there.
On Thursday, Michael and I went to Victoria Gardens and walked around. We stopped at the library because I had never been there before. Then we ate lunch at Panda Express and walked around the mall some more. Later that night, we went and ate dinner at Lucilles with Jean.
On Friday, Jaclyn came over in the morning to visit. Then I went to pick up my mom from her school. I finished reading the third book in the Hunger Games series and loooved the ending! Later that night, we went to Jean's house and she made chili. We just ate and relaxed. We had planned to see Erica that night but she ended up getting called into work.
On Saturday, we woke up and ate breakfast. My mom made waffles and eggs. Then my mom and I went walking on the trail. Afterwards we went to the mall to get Cante some Stride Right shoes. I ended up buying some shorts for summer and new black flats for school. We ate at Jack in the Box and then went home. I helped my mom make some signs for primary, packed our things, then ran to the store with Michael to get some more diapers. My feet hurt when I got home so my mom gave me a foot massage!

We woke up this morning around 5:45, and left around 6:10. My dad took us to the airport and we arrived at Salt Lake around 11. Marlin was extremely happy to see us. Probably more excited to see Cante than me (which is fine with me :)). We had to stop and get gas and then ate at Arbys. I came home, took a nap, then we made salad and went over to the Denny's for dinner. They had a dinner/meeting for their Ragnar run.
When we got home, we went on a little walk, and now my spring break is over!
I am not dreading going back to work, but I'm going to be really sad to leave Cante after being with her all week long.
We had a really good break. It was very relaxing and the perfect amount of time. I was happy that I got to spend time with my family. Guess we're back to reality and the regular routine! Only a month and a half til summer!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment