Wednesday, May 9, 2012

First Step!

Cante decided to take her first step today! She has been standing a lot lately and for long periods of time. But today she took one step forward without falling or anything! I was so proud. I seriously cannot believe she is almost 11 months. Marlin and I fall more and more in love with her each day. I love coming home to see her after work because she is always so happy and excited to see me, as am I! She was so funny today when I was feeding her. Whenever I woul feed her she would bite the spoon and I couldn't pull it out of her mouth. She thought it was hilarious and just started laughing each time...so her squash got everywhere. Then I started laughing at her, which made her giggle even more, which got even more messy. So finally I realized she probablly wasnt that hungry anyways and just put the baby food away.
We have taught her a few new "tricks," lately. She knows how to "mark it with a B," when singing Patty Cake. She can clap her hands after we sing, "If your happy and you know it." I also taught her how to hug and cuddle her little teddy bear and baby. She loves giving kisses to Marlin and I. She still says hola and ga quite often. She has also added mamamamama to her vocabulary. I don't think she knows what it means..but thats okay :) Now, we are trying to teach her how to fold her arms for the prayer. Its not going so well...but it usually takes about a week or so for her to pick something up.
Cante is really independent at home. She is just content playing with her toys in the living room or pulling everything out of the cupboards in the kitchen. She just kinda does her own thing and is happy doing it day after day. Lately she has spent a lot of time putting things in containers and opening and closing things. She is a really easy going baby for the most part. Church is not so easy for Marlin and I though. At home, we let her go wherever she wants but she can't do that at church. So Marlin or I usually take her out for sacrament and let her crawl around.
Well thats a small update on Cante...time for us to go play.

No comments:

Post a Comment