Friday, June 15, 2012

The beginning of my summer break :)

School is out! YAAAAAAY!!! I was sad to see this year's bunch of students go but there is nothing like summer break. I have had a great break so far..........

Friday, June 1st

 After school got out, I went to a luncheon in Midway with all the teachers. We had delicious Mexican food. I even got to leave earlier than usual which was really nice. Then that night, Marlin and I attended ward temple night. It was the first time Marlin and I have been to the temple together since November I think. Since then we have just kept taking turns watching Cante so the other person could go. It was very nice to be in the temple, feel the spirit, be uplifted, and receive answers to prayers.  After the temple, the Loys took us out to Sizzlers. We had a good time talking with them. We told them they didn’t have to take us out AGAIN, but they insisted. Crystal and Spencer watched Cante for us. So we got to visit with them for a little while when we went to pick her up. Poor Cante was actually asleep when we dropped her off at Crystal and Spencers. So all night she was really clingy to Crystal. Probably because she woke up in a new place where she didn’t know or recognize anyone. As soon as we got to their house, she was all over the place and back to her independent self. Lol.

Saturday, June 2nd

This morning we cleaned the apartment. Lately, I have been in the mood to clean. Vacuum, dust, mop, you name it. I want to do it. I think it’s just because I love having a clean house and therefore I am motivated to clean. Later  that night, we watched Hina and Tristan so that Crystal and Spencer could go out for Crystal’s birthday. We let them play at our house for a little while in the beginning. Cante kept hitting Tristan’s head and making him cry. She wasn’t doing it to be mean; that is just what she does when she is happy or excited. She starts lifting her hands up and hitting things. For example, when she wakes up before us in the morning, she starts hitting our faces to let us know she is awake. Anyways, we just decided to keep them separated for the rest of the night because she was too rough and he was too sensitive. Later, we took them to a park to play. We took them on the swings, slides, and for a walk around the track. We were trying to wear them out so they would all go to sleep. On the way home, we stopped at the store to get some groceries for Sunday, and by then the two babies were out but Hina was still awake. On our way home we asked Hina where she wanted to eat and she pointed to McDonalds. So we got her a happy meal and a few other items off the dollar menu. Crystal and Spencer picked the kids up about 30 min later. It was nice that we could switch babysitting for a couple of nights!

Sunday, June 3rd

Today was Stake Conference. We thought that is started at 10 so that is when we arrived at the stake center. When we got there, we found out it didn’t start until 11! LOL. Guess we weren’t paying attention the week before during announcements. On the upside, we ended up getting seats in the chapel. Marlin just walked Cante around the building for that hour while I saved the seats. Cante did pretty well during conference. She stayed in the chapel pretty much the whole time. I took her out into the halls for about thirty minutes. After church, Cante and Marlin took a nap. Then later on that night, I made invitations for Cante’s birthday which we decided would be next Monday, June 11th.

Monday, June 4th

Today was the perfect day! All three of us slept in. I made breakfast for Cante and ate some cereal. I got ready for the gym and dropped Cante off at the Day Care. The workers there LOVE her which is such a nice feeling!  I am glad I can take her there and know that she will be loved and taken care of. I went to a morning Zumba class. Afterwards, I came home and made a sandwich for lunch and fed Cante ham, bread, cheese, tomatoes, cucumbers, and watermelon. She is an excellent eater. She literally eats anything we put her in mouth. After that, we dropped Marlin off at his first day of work. He just got the job at TELOS, which is like a treatment center for youth. Then, I took Cante swimming for the FIRST time at the Lidon Aquatics center. She had a cute little bathing suit with a matching hat. She wouldn’t normally wear a hat, but she was so distracted that she kept it on. Cante was pretty scared when I first put her in the baby pool (foot deep). She would not let go of me. She just clung on tight. I think she was mostly scared because of all the people that were there. We sat in the baby pool for a while and then I took her through the lazy river. Later, I took her by the pirate ship and over to the regular swimming pool. We just rotated around between those four places for about 2 hours. I gave her water and snacks in between. She got a little more relaxed towards the end but was still holding on tight while in the water. We had a fun time together. I was really glad that I could have time to do something just for her. So many times I feel like she just has to tag along with whatever we have to do during the day. It felt good to do something for her and spend one on one time with her. Just mommy and daughter time J I hope we have more days like this in the future. If Cante is anything like me, we will! I always loved being in the water growing up and still do. After the pool, I went to walmart to pick up the invitations I made from Walmart. When we got home, we ate dinner and then I gave Cante a bath. She ended up going to sleep around 10 so Marlin had to catch a ride home from work. I was so happy to see him when he got back. Lol. It has been almost a year since he has worked so I am not used to just being at home alone for long periods of time. Guess I will be used to it by the end of the summer.

Tuesday, June 5th

Marlin had to work a double shift today! Cante and I took him to work around 6:46 this morning and he worked until 11 pm. Cante and I were both really tired though, so after we dropped him off, we both went to sleep until about 10:30! After we woke up, we ate breakfast and then went to the gym. I did the stair master which I love and hate doing. It is really hard to do but is such a great workout! Afterwards, Cante and I went home and made sandwiches for lunch. We pretty much just hung out at the house until about 5. Then I stopped at a few houses to drop off birthday invitations. At 6, we were supposed to have a yw presidency meeting but everyone forgot but me and Sister Loy. So we just started setting up for mutual instead. The girls decorated water bottles for girls camp and practiced the camp song. Cante crawled all around the room during our activity. She is getting so good at walking now! She is taking about 8 steps at the most but it still usually only about 3 or 4 at a time. It is so exciting to see her walk! After mutual I bathed Cante, read her a few books, played with her and then at 11 we went to pick up Marlin from work. He was so happy to see her. He didn’t see her really for the last 36 hours because when he got home last night she was sleeping. It has been really nice to relax and move at slow pace. Having summer break is probably the best benefit of teaching.




No comments:

Post a Comment