My family was in Utah for about a week right after school got out. The time went by so fast because we were so busy every minute of each day. The night they arrived, we all stayed up late talking and playing with the baby. When my dad first walked in and greeted Cante she started crying. LOL. I don't know why. She doesn't usually get like that but for some reason she got scared. Shortly after, she had warmed up to my dad, mom, and Michael.
Thursday, June 7, 2012
On Thursday morning, my mom, Cante, and I took a long walk near our apartments. When we got home, Rachel came over. Her and Gerald were visiting for a couple of days and so we got to see them and Brystal. Us girls just realxed at home, played with our little girls, and talked while my dad and Michael were out running errands. Afterwards we all met up at Burger Supreme (my dad's favorite) to get some lunch. Then Gerald came to get Rachel so my mom, dad, Michael, and I went to run some errands for Cante's birthday party. We oredered a cake for her at costco and then went to the dollar store for all the paper goods. They ended up having some really cute party supplies. Rachel called us while we were at the dollar store and asked us if we wanted to meet up at Brick Oven and so we went straight there when we were done. We met up with Gerald, Rachel, Gerald's brother, and Becky.
Friday, June 8, 2012
Heather arrived in Salt Lake on Friday morning. My mom, dad, and Cante went to go and pick her up from the airport. We sent Cante because we thought heather would want to see her :) Meanwhile, I got ready and Marlin finished his online assignments for summer school. Then we took Michael to the marathon expo to register for his marathon. When we finished there, we met up with everyone else at Tucanos. We all ate so much. Even Cante ate a lot. The food was really good though! The guys went straight home after that and the girls went to party city to get some table cloths for the birthday party. When we got home, Marlin's family was at our apartment. We got to visit with them for a little while and then it was time to get ready for the temple. Marlin's mom took Cante, Maioha, and Hoera to the mall while we were at the temple. Luckily we got to the temple early because when we got there, my mom discovered that her recommend had not yet been activated. She had just gotten it and so whoever was supposed to activate it, had not done so yet. I was also able to do work for Marlin's great grandmother, Alice Land. I got someone to do the inititory for me while I was getting dressed and then I was able to do the endowment for her. I actually got to do work for another one of his ancestors, Mrs. Pumpkin Seed, last week when we went too. Michael had a good amount of people who were there to support him as he was going through the temple. I'm glad it worked out for everyone to be there. It was me, Mom, Dad, Heather, Marlin, Crystal, Spencer, Joe and Vanessa. It was great to be in the Celestial room as an eternal family. We were just missing Antioni, Erin, and Aaron. Maybe when he gets back or sealed we can all be together in the temple. We took pictures outside the temple afterwards and then went and ate at Chilis. Marlin's mom, Cante, and the kids met up with us too. Marlin's mom gave Cante the bone of one of Marlins ribs and she just gnawed on it for about 10 minutes. By the time we all got home we were exauhsted!
Saturday, June 9, 2012
Michael, Marlin, and my dad were up around 4 in the morning on Saturday to head up to Heber for the marathon. Michael caught the shuttle up and Marlin drove my dad up so he could ride his bike down with Michael. Everyone else woke up around 7:30. My dad was sending us text messages and pictures the whole way down to update us on Michael's status. We headed over to center street in provo around 8:30. We got to the RC Willey parking lot and there were a bunch of the RC Willey workers turning cars away because no one was supposed to park there....but because Marlin is good friends with the manager (James), he let us park there anyways. Gotta love those hook-ups. We walked over to University Avenue and it was packed as usual with exauhsted runners and excited fans. We didn't know what time Michael was going to get to the finish line so we watched and watched and cheered then called my dad and watched some more and some more...and finally around 10:00 him and Marlin came running down the street. (Marlin decided to run with him for the last six miles since those are the hardest). He wasn't hard to spot either because he is so tall and so dark. By that time, the three girls (me, mom and heather) decided to separate so that we could motivate him at three locations rather than one. When I saw him I started jumping up and down and screaming for him. About a minute later he ran through the finish line and completed his first marathon. What an accomplishment! According to him, it was probably the last marathon he will ever do. He said he was pretty miserable from mile 16 to the finish line. Mile 16 is when he started cramping up. I can't blame him. The medal he got was really nice! We were all proud of his achievement. After he finished the marathon, I had to go to an audition at BYU for a program I am helping out with at the Conference center in October. Grandpa and Jill were at the apartment when I got home but I was just so tired that I didn't really get to visit with them. I was so tired. I ate a sandwhich then slept with Marlin and Cante for about 2 hours. By the time I woke up it was time to get ready for Samu's (Marlin's cousin)wedding reception. Marlin, Cante, Mom, and I all went to the reception together. It was a really nice event. There was a lot of people, food, dancing, and entertainment. Cante got to dance with me and Maioha for a little bit :) There was an awesome fijian group that performed a dance. Aunty Maioha's group also performed several maori numbers.
After the wedding, us four went to the grocery store to get some things for Sunday dinner. Cante got to sit in the little cars that are attached to the stroller for the first time. She absolutely loved it! She had her hands on the steering wheel as though she knew what she was doing. She kept turing around and smiling at me through the grocery basket. It was so cute to see her all excited.
Earlier in the evening we were asked by Tammy McKnight to sing a song in Sacrament and so we ended up reviewing/practicing "I am a Child of God," before we went to sleep.
Sunday, June 10, 2012
When we got to church and read through the sacrament program, it said that Heather and Antioni Parker were performing a special musical number. LOL. How they got that? No one knows...It was all good though. Our family got up and sang and everyone enjoyed the song. We recieved many compliments afterwards. Also, our ward had the opportunity to listen to Larry Echohawk speak. Aparently Keaka was playing golf with him at the AIS fundraiser and invited him to come to our ward. He accepted the inviation and ended up speaking to us about his training and experience of being called to be one of the 70. It was neat to listen to him speak. There were a lot of visitors at our ward that day.
After church we went to Joe and Vanessa's house for dinner. They have six kids now! The oldest is 11 and the youngest is 2. They all came running out to greet us as we arrived. They are all so sweet and outgoing. We ate hamburgers, hot dogs, fruit, and chips. For dessert we had brownie cookies, rice krispy treats, and pie.
The girls sang, danced, and played the piano for us. They have no fear when it comes to performing! Heather sang and played on the piano and Michael played the guitar. We enjoyed spending time with them all.
Thursday, June 7, 2012
On Thursday morning, my mom, Cante, and I took a long walk near our apartments. When we got home, Rachel came over. Her and Gerald were visiting for a couple of days and so we got to see them and Brystal. Us girls just realxed at home, played with our little girls, and talked while my dad and Michael were out running errands. Afterwards we all met up at Burger Supreme (my dad's favorite) to get some lunch. Then Gerald came to get Rachel so my mom, dad, Michael, and I went to run some errands for Cante's birthday party. We oredered a cake for her at costco and then went to the dollar store for all the paper goods. They ended up having some really cute party supplies. Rachel called us while we were at the dollar store and asked us if we wanted to meet up at Brick Oven and so we went straight there when we were done. We met up with Gerald, Rachel, Gerald's brother, and Becky.
Friday, June 8, 2012
Heather arrived in Salt Lake on Friday morning. My mom, dad, and Cante went to go and pick her up from the airport. We sent Cante because we thought heather would want to see her :) Meanwhile, I got ready and Marlin finished his online assignments for summer school. Then we took Michael to the marathon expo to register for his marathon. When we finished there, we met up with everyone else at Tucanos. We all ate so much. Even Cante ate a lot. The food was really good though! The guys went straight home after that and the girls went to party city to get some table cloths for the birthday party. When we got home, Marlin's family was at our apartment. We got to visit with them for a little while and then it was time to get ready for the temple. Marlin's mom took Cante, Maioha, and Hoera to the mall while we were at the temple. Luckily we got to the temple early because when we got there, my mom discovered that her recommend had not yet been activated. She had just gotten it and so whoever was supposed to activate it, had not done so yet. I was also able to do work for Marlin's great grandmother, Alice Land. I got someone to do the inititory for me while I was getting dressed and then I was able to do the endowment for her. I actually got to do work for another one of his ancestors, Mrs. Pumpkin Seed, last week when we went too. Michael had a good amount of people who were there to support him as he was going through the temple. I'm glad it worked out for everyone to be there. It was me, Mom, Dad, Heather, Marlin, Crystal, Spencer, Joe and Vanessa. It was great to be in the Celestial room as an eternal family. We were just missing Antioni, Erin, and Aaron. Maybe when he gets back or sealed we can all be together in the temple. We took pictures outside the temple afterwards and then went and ate at Chilis. Marlin's mom, Cante, and the kids met up with us too. Marlin's mom gave Cante the bone of one of Marlins ribs and she just gnawed on it for about 10 minutes. By the time we all got home we were exauhsted!Saturday, June 9, 2012
Michael, Marlin, and my dad were up around 4 in the morning on Saturday to head up to Heber for the marathon. Michael caught the shuttle up and Marlin drove my dad up so he could ride his bike down with Michael. Everyone else woke up around 7:30. My dad was sending us text messages and pictures the whole way down to update us on Michael's status. We headed over to center street in provo around 8:30. We got to the RC Willey parking lot and there were a bunch of the RC Willey workers turning cars away because no one was supposed to park there....but because Marlin is good friends with the manager (James), he let us park there anyways. Gotta love those hook-ups. We walked over to University Avenue and it was packed as usual with exauhsted runners and excited fans. We didn't know what time Michael was going to get to the finish line so we watched and watched and cheered then called my dad and watched some more and some more...and finally around 10:00 him and Marlin came running down the street. (Marlin decided to run with him for the last six miles since those are the hardest). He wasn't hard to spot either because he is so tall and so dark. By that time, the three girls (me, mom and heather) decided to separate so that we could motivate him at three locations rather than one. When I saw him I started jumping up and down and screaming for him. About a minute later he ran through the finish line and completed his first marathon. What an accomplishment! According to him, it was probably the last marathon he will ever do. He said he was pretty miserable from mile 16 to the finish line. Mile 16 is when he started cramping up. I can't blame him. The medal he got was really nice! We were all proud of his achievement. After he finished the marathon, I had to go to an audition at BYU for a program I am helping out with at the Conference center in October. Grandpa and Jill were at the apartment when I got home but I was just so tired that I didn't really get to visit with them. I was so tired. I ate a sandwhich then slept with Marlin and Cante for about 2 hours. By the time I woke up it was time to get ready for Samu's (Marlin's cousin)wedding reception. Marlin, Cante, Mom, and I all went to the reception together. It was a really nice event. There was a lot of people, food, dancing, and entertainment. Cante got to dance with me and Maioha for a little bit :) There was an awesome fijian group that performed a dance. Aunty Maioha's group also performed several maori numbers. Earlier in the evening we were asked by Tammy McKnight to sing a song in Sacrament and so we ended up reviewing/practicing "I am a Child of God," before we went to sleep.
Sunday, June 10, 2012
When we got to church and read through the sacrament program, it said that Heather and Antioni Parker were performing a special musical number. LOL. How they got that? No one knows...It was all good though. Our family got up and sang and everyone enjoyed the song. We recieved many compliments afterwards. Also, our ward had the opportunity to listen to Larry Echohawk speak. Aparently Keaka was playing golf with him at the AIS fundraiser and invited him to come to our ward. He accepted the inviation and ended up speaking to us about his training and experience of being called to be one of the 70. It was neat to listen to him speak. There were a lot of visitors at our ward that day.
After church we went to Joe and Vanessa's house for dinner. They have six kids now! The oldest is 11 and the youngest is 2. They all came running out to greet us as we arrived. They are all so sweet and outgoing. We ate hamburgers, hot dogs, fruit, and chips. For dessert we had brownie cookies, rice krispy treats, and pie.
No comments:
Post a Comment