Tuesday, June 12
We spent all morning packing. I had to get Cante's bag ready for California and my bags ready for Vegas. My parents left around 1:30. It was the first time I was going to be away from Cante. I was really sad to see her go but I knew that she would be okay because she was with my parents. Marlin dropped me off at my school around 2:00 and we left from the school around 3:00 to go to the airport. There were 12 teachers in all. Me, DeAnna Lloyd, Bret Zabel, Monique Fausett, Monique Straughn, Teresa Segura, Kathy VanWagner, Holly Rognan, Morgan Murdock, Jordan Kohler, Brooke Hatch, and Susanne Prince. We got to the airport in Vegas and caught a shuttle to Ballys. We got into our rooms and then walked over to a buffet. It was a pretty high class buffet. I saw our bill and it was $420.00 for all 12 of us to eat! Yikes. The food was great though. We went back to our rooms and went to sleep because we had to be up early the next morning. My roomate was Jordan. My parents were sending me updates on Cante throughout the day which was really nice. They probably sent me like 5 pictures on the first day. It was comforting to know she was happy and doing okay.
Wednesday, June 13
On Wednesday morning our group met around 7:15 because we had to check in and eat our continental breakfast by 8. The continental breakfast fruit and pastries. After the conference was over, we went back to our rooms and caught a monorail to Phantom of the Opera to pick up our tickets. Afterwards, we found a nice restaraunt to eat dinner at. The show started at 7. I had never seen it before so I didn't even know what it was about. I didn't love the plot of the play but the effects and singing were great. After the Phantom of the Opera we all walked back to our rooms. I was exauhsted and had a headache from staying up too late on Monday night. I just went back to the room, read my scriptures, and called Marlin and my mom to see how they were doing. I was really missing Cante and Marlin that night. But I was comforted to know that I would see Cante in a couple days :)
Thursday, June 14
On Thursday morning we went to the conference from 8 to 1:15. During our lunch break we all ate a Cheesecake factory. After the conference was over we were supposed to meet in our teams but DeAnna told us we could use it as "free time." So me and a couple of other ladies went down to the pool and layed out. The sun felt great and so did the water. It was so relaxing. That night we went to eat dinner at the Rainforest Cafe. Afterwards we walked to the Luxor so that we could go on the slanted elevators. Afterwards we walked back to our rooms and went to sleep.
Friday, June 15
Friday was our last day of the conference. It only went from 8 to 11 since it was the last day. After the conference was over we ate lunch at Sabboro then got our bags and caught the shuttle over to the airport. Because I caught a different flight than everyone else, I ended up spending 4 hours at the airport before my flight left. The wait wasn't too bad, I just got on the internet and bought a milk shake :) I flew into Long Beach Airport. My dad came and picked me up but he didn't bring Cante because we didn't want her to have to sit in the car that long. When I got home Cante was at the store with my mom and Heather. When she walked in the door, my dad and I did an experiment. We both sat on the couch and put out our arms. She had a huge smile on her face when she saw me and she walked straight to me :) PHEW! I was worried she wouldn't remember me! I could not believe how well she was walking when I got back. I was so happy to see her. She looked so grown up.
Overall, I really enjoyed the PLC conference. I don't feel like I "learned," a lot but was "reminded," of things that we can do in our school to improve our PLCs. Overall, I felt that the conference was motivational. It was also really nice for our district to pay for everything. I didn't pay a penny out of my own pocket all week!
On the other hand, I was reminded of how much I dislike Vegas. The smoke, crowds, drinking, etc. It really is sin city. I forgot how bad it is there. Don't think I will be going back for a vacation any time soon.
We spent all morning packing. I had to get Cante's bag ready for California and my bags ready for Vegas. My parents left around 1:30. It was the first time I was going to be away from Cante. I was really sad to see her go but I knew that she would be okay because she was with my parents. Marlin dropped me off at my school around 2:00 and we left from the school around 3:00 to go to the airport. There were 12 teachers in all. Me, DeAnna Lloyd, Bret Zabel, Monique Fausett, Monique Straughn, Teresa Segura, Kathy VanWagner, Holly Rognan, Morgan Murdock, Jordan Kohler, Brooke Hatch, and Susanne Prince. We got to the airport in Vegas and caught a shuttle to Ballys. We got into our rooms and then walked over to a buffet. It was a pretty high class buffet. I saw our bill and it was $420.00 for all 12 of us to eat! Yikes. The food was great though. We went back to our rooms and went to sleep because we had to be up early the next morning. My roomate was Jordan. My parents were sending me updates on Cante throughout the day which was really nice. They probably sent me like 5 pictures on the first day. It was comforting to know she was happy and doing okay.
Wednesday, June 13
On Wednesday morning our group met around 7:15 because we had to check in and eat our continental breakfast by 8. The continental breakfast fruit and pastries. After the conference was over, we went back to our rooms and caught a monorail to Phantom of the Opera to pick up our tickets. Afterwards, we found a nice restaraunt to eat dinner at. The show started at 7. I had never seen it before so I didn't even know what it was about. I didn't love the plot of the play but the effects and singing were great. After the Phantom of the Opera we all walked back to our rooms. I was exauhsted and had a headache from staying up too late on Monday night. I just went back to the room, read my scriptures, and called Marlin and my mom to see how they were doing. I was really missing Cante and Marlin that night. But I was comforted to know that I would see Cante in a couple days :)
Thursday, June 14
On Thursday morning we went to the conference from 8 to 1:15. During our lunch break we all ate a Cheesecake factory. After the conference was over we were supposed to meet in our teams but DeAnna told us we could use it as "free time." So me and a couple of other ladies went down to the pool and layed out. The sun felt great and so did the water. It was so relaxing. That night we went to eat dinner at the Rainforest Cafe. Afterwards we walked to the Luxor so that we could go on the slanted elevators. Afterwards we walked back to our rooms and went to sleep.
Friday, June 15
Friday was our last day of the conference. It only went from 8 to 11 since it was the last day. After the conference was over we ate lunch at Sabboro then got our bags and caught the shuttle over to the airport. Because I caught a different flight than everyone else, I ended up spending 4 hours at the airport before my flight left. The wait wasn't too bad, I just got on the internet and bought a milk shake :) I flew into Long Beach Airport. My dad came and picked me up but he didn't bring Cante because we didn't want her to have to sit in the car that long. When I got home Cante was at the store with my mom and Heather. When she walked in the door, my dad and I did an experiment. We both sat on the couch and put out our arms. She had a huge smile on her face when she saw me and she walked straight to me :) PHEW! I was worried she wouldn't remember me! I could not believe how well she was walking when I got back. I was so happy to see her. She looked so grown up.
Overall, I really enjoyed the PLC conference. I don't feel like I "learned," a lot but was "reminded," of things that we can do in our school to improve our PLCs. Overall, I felt that the conference was motivational. It was also really nice for our district to pay for everything. I didn't pay a penny out of my own pocket all week!
On the other hand, I was reminded of how much I dislike Vegas. The smoke, crowds, drinking, etc. It really is sin city. I forgot how bad it is there. Don't think I will be going back for a vacation any time soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment