| Auntie and Uncle saying good-bye to Cante |
After Antioni and Heather left, Marlin had to finish packing for his scouts camping trip and I had to get ready for a yw meeting. We went to the church around 1 for my meeting and then Marlin left around 2 for his trip. Afterwards, Leatha took Cante and I to a doctor's appointment because I was worried that she had torticollis. Marlin had noticed that Cante would always turn her head to the left. He noticed it because he was trying to feed her a bottle one night and she wouldn't turn her head towards him so that he could feed her. I noticed it more after he told me about it, but didn't really think anything about it. Then, we went over to Amanda Groves' house last night and she told me that her son had toricollis and that he would only turn his head to one side. She suggested that we take Cante to the doctor to get it checked out. Sure enough, the pediatrician told me that she had a mild case of toricollis and gave me some exercises to do that would help correct it. I basically have to turn her head to her right when she is sleeping and whenever she is lying down. I also have to touch her chin to her shoulder a few times a day. The exercises are supposed to loosen the muscles in her neck. We will have another appointment with the pediatrician in about a week and a half so she will be able to tell us if it has gotten any better. After the pediatrician, Leatha and I took the babies to Target because she had to return something and then we met up with Amanda Groves and Maren at Mimi's Cafe. It was nice to just chat with the ladies. They were super helpful with Cante too.
Tomorrow I will fly to California with just me and Cante. I am a little worried about the plane flight...hopefully she will do okay. There was no way I was going to stay at home alone for a week with Cante while Marlin went away to camp! My parents are sooo excited to see me and Cante. I am excited to go back home and see them too. I love my family!
No comments:
Post a Comment