 |
Cante and Dad after the Pow Wow.
Don't you love her face? |
Well we had another great weekend. I can't believe another week has already gone by. Marlin went to a basketball tournament this weekend in Fort Duschene. He went with Wyatt, Tyler, and some others that live here. They met up with some of Marlin's friends from South Dakota. They lost a game on Friday night and Saturday morning so they got back on Saturday afternoon. I used to hate being home alone while Marlin leaves, but this time it wasn't so bad. I think I am slowly getting used to it. It also helps that I have Cante here with me. He left on Thursday night for his tourney and when I came home, Leatha and the kids were here with Cante while Marei was at a study group. We hung out at the apt for a while and then went over to Megan's (Mohan's fiance) house. We ate pizza and visited for a little while.
On Friday, I had to drop Cante off at Amber's house at 7 am. Luckily we had professional development that day so I got to leave a little early but still didn't even pick her up until 4:30. I was so happy to see her though. I felt bad leaving her all day long. Usually she is with Marlin so I don't feel as bad. Gerald had work on Friday night so Rachel and Brystol came over to visit. We didn't do anything but just sit around and talk. Brystol pretty much just slept the whole time and Cante was playing with all her toys :)
 |
| Lumbees at the Pow Wow |
On Saturday morning, Cante woke me up at 7:30. So I got up, ate breakfast, fed her, and started cleaning. She just played while I got some things done. Then she took an hour nap and so I was able to deep clean the stove and kitchen floor. I was surprised at how much I was able to get done considering Marlin wasn't even there to help! When I told him, he reply was, "Oh good because there is another tournament next weekend...jk." Once the house was clean, I ate lunch, got partially ready and then it was time to put Cante down for
 |
Xotchil, Jackie, Me, Rachel, and Stephanie with
our babies at the Pow Wow |
another nap! Lol. This time, I let her sleep with me in the recliner while I started reading Catching Fire, the second book in the Hunger Games series. I am so into those books right now! They are so addicting. I must have sat and read with her for about and hour and a half because before I knew it, Marlin was home! When he got home, we all got ready and headed over to the Pow Wow. I had originally planned to dance in it but then Marlin went to the tourney so I didn't think I would be able to...when I got there, I regretted my decision. I always do that..I told Marlin that I am dancing in the Heber Pow Wow no matter what. I told him to make me do it and to not let me change my mind! I think I will only dancing in the morning session. Its so long to stay there all day. Especially with a baby! We saw a lot of our friends and ward members at the pow wow. Cante seemed to enjoy it. She was a little squirmy though because she just had to sit the whole time and couldn't really crawl around. Becky took her for a little while and so did Lauren Shurtleff. They just love Cante. I took her out for an intertribal and she was amazed when she saw some bustles of the fancy dancer in front of us. But around the third lap, she had fallen asleep on me. I didn't even know she was tired! So after that, we decided to go because it was getting kind of late. It took us about 45 minutes to leave because we kept running into people that we knew. I was glad that we went. It is always nice to reunite with old friends.
 |
| Cante before Church |
Late last night, Cante woke up and so I picked her up and when I did she felt really hot. I took her temperature and it was 99 degrees. I gave her some baby tylenol and she was fine. At first I was confused because she was not fussy at all yesterday she was actually REALLY good and easy. But later as I was texting Leatha, I was reminded that they could get fevers when they are teething. Sure enough, I looked in her mouth and there was another little tooth coming in on the bottom. That will be her 7th tooth at only 9 months old! Crazy! So we stopped at Walgreens on the way to church to get her some medicine (we ran out) and thought we would for sure be late for church but we actually got there at 11:01. Marlin and Marei bore their testimonies which was a pleasant surprise. We had fast and testimony meeting this week because next week is General Conference. After church we made meatballs, green beans, and rice. Then I read some more hunger games while I watched Cante so Marlin could sleep. Then we all three slept for a little while. When Marlin woke up, he made cookies and gave Cante a bath. Now she is asleep and Marlin is reading the hunger games. He is just a few chapters behind me.
I have really enjoyed not having a T.V. Our house is much more peaceful. We get to spend more quality time together. It is much easier to feel the spirit. I know that we made the right decision for our family and am so grateful that we did. It has made me focus on the things that are important in life. Although I long for the day when Marlin graduates, gets a job, and we buy a house, I still find that I am content with the life that we have now. We have everything we need. We have the gospel and eachother. We have a place to live; we are healthy. We have so many friends and a wonderful ward. We don't have tons of money but all our needs are met. I am just so happy and grateful to have a knowledge and testimony of the gospel. I feel like that is where all of my happiness comes from.
Well here comes another week. Lets hope it will be a good one!
No comments:
Post a Comment