Sunday, February 19, 2012

Aron and Erin's visit

Aaron and Erin came to visit this past week! They flew into California then we all met in Pheonix for the hoop dance competition. Marlin, Cante, and I left around 5 on Friday night and stopped in Vegas for about an hour to visit with Marlin's family. They were there for the Rugby tournament. We met up with them in a parking lot. It was really nice to see them. Rei and her girls hadn't seen her since she was just 2 weeks old. Cante loved seeing Reiana. She was just staring and smiling at her. :)

That night we stayed in Kingmon and drove to Pheonix in the morning. We didn't pull up to the Heard Museum until about 11 that morning. My dad had registered me to compete earlier that morning. This year the competition was different. Usually, the dancers know ahead of time what the order will be. This year, they called dancers at random. So when I got to the museum, the adult session had just begun. I hurried and got dressed (I used Erin's regalia) and by the time I got back, they called my name to dance after Erin. I was expecting to have time to practice. There were like 20 dancers and I ended up being the 3rd or 4th. I literally had no idea what routine I was going to do...I didn't even know how many hoops I should use. I actually ended up using Michael's...lol.. I had left mine in the car on accident and didn't have time to go back. So they called me out and I just had a smile on my face like...okay lets see what happens...lol. It didn't end up being that bad, I was just flustered because I felt so rushed. Oh well. We had fun. Erin even danced and she is pregnant! Neither one of us made it to the 2nd round, but Michael and my dad did. Michael took 6th in the adult division and my dad took 3rd in the seniors. Michael was so excited! We were really happy for him too.






It was fun seeing all the dancers and spending time with family. We stayed in the Hyatt hotel which was just right down the street. The weather was suuuuper nice! Marlin and I both came back with tan lines. On Sat. night we went to Ramona's house for dinner. Sandra came too. We ate pulled pork sandwhiches. By that time, we were all exhausted. I think the drive the night before and just being in the sun all day wore us out. Sunday morning my dad and Michael had to compete in the finals. They each had to compete twice. We all gave Michael tips on things he could do to improve his routine. He really stepped it up in the second round. After seeing Michael dance in the 2nd round, we found a church and went to Sacrament. The building was like .9 miles away from the Heard. We thought it was funny because all this time we could have been going but we just never realized how close the church was. Now we know for future reference.
Marlin and I drove back on Sunday night and stayed in Page. Gerald was able to get us a room for 20 dollars which was so nice! We stopped that morning and ate breakfast at a little cafe then got back to Orem around 4. We returned our rental car that we had gotten and then Marlin went to his class. I was glad that we ended up going. We had a really good time. It was nice to have all of our family together again. It was also nice to see Marlin's family even though it was for a short time.

Here is Cante crawling around in our Hotel room.

No comments:

Post a Comment