Saturday, February 4, 2012

Cante- 7 Months

Cante is already 7 1/2 months old. I cannot believe how big she has gotten and how fast the time has flown by. I litterally love her more and more each day. She is at my favorite stage right now, although I am sad that she is growing up so fast. Where do I start?

She started eating solids in Decemeber. We started her off with rice cereal right before our trip to California but she got really constipated....like REALLy constipated. We tried everything. Apple juice, prune juice, prunes...if you can think of it we tried it. Nothing worked. Finally we called the doctor. She perscribed a laxative..and a few days later she was fine. After that we were afraid to give her any more rice cereal so we just gave her baby food. She is so funny though...she doesn't even like fruits! They are too sour for her...but she looves sweet potatoes and squash. HAH. She will eat veggies too..just not fruits. I shouldn't complain, but I have to say that I was a little sad. I was just so excited to give her fruits...and then she didn't even like them.

Next. She can officially crawl as of like 3 days ago. She started by sitting up on her own in the beginning of December. Then when we took her to California, she started moving around more by rolling and scooting. Eventually she moved to the army crawl (which was really cute) and just a few days ago she started the full-on crawl. lol. She loves moving around and exploring new things. She even pulled herself up twice this past week. Before we know it, she will be able to stand...then walk! I don't know if I am ready for my baby to be so grown-up!

Cante is also getting MORE teeth! She started getting her"fangs" about a month ago..but this past week we noticed that she is also getting her front two top teeth! So right now, she has four teeth that are coming in. That makes six teeth altogether! Isn't that crazy? Little Tamatoa doesn't have any teeth and he is only a month behind....she has been really good about it. She has not been too fussy..she just puts everything in her mouth!

Cute things cante has been doing lately:
-Squirming around when we change her diaper. (Okay maybe its not that cute when it's happening)
-Clapping her hands
-Sticking her finger in her mouth
-Putting the pacifier in her mouth on her own.
-Smiling for the camera!
-Playing for 30-45 minutes with her toys...just content
-Turning the pages when we read to her
-Standing on her own
-Kneeling on her knees
-Laughing with mommy
-She is actually starting to be cuddly!!! YAY! She'll lay her head on your chest when she gets tired.
-Grabbing mom's nose and face while drinking bottle
-Hongi (She puts her face close to ours to show her love...well thats what we like to think anyways)

Cante loooves reading books! She likes some better than others. The ones she doesn't like to read, she will push away. If she does like the book, she will just stare at the pictures as we read to her.

Hmm.. I feel like I'm missing something..but that will have to do.

As for me and Marlin, we are staying very busy. Marlin is the first counselor in the Young Men's program and I am the first counselor in the Young Womens. We both really enjoy our callings and working with the youth. We enjoy taking Cante with us to mutual each week and the kids enjoy seeing her.

We just recently decided to get rid of our T.V. There are several things that led us to make this decision, but overall we don't feel that having a T.V. is helping us to become the people we want to be. I am really excited about our decision! One, because our living room will be bigger and I can re-arrange and re-decorate. Two, I feel like the spirit will be stronger in our home. Lately, I have been thinking about how I want our home to be a refuge from the world. I want our home to be pure and clean; a place where the spirit can dwell. I don't want an "unclean" thing to enter it. I feel like the media has just gotten so bad....TV shows, commercials, advertisements, etc. It is not something that I want myself, husband, or daughter exposed to. Marlin and I want to replace the time we spend watching TV with reading scriptures or books, spending time as a family, scrapbooking, cooking, talking to and teaching Cante, developing talents, exercising, magnifying our callings etc. Does this mean that we will never have a TV again? We're not sure, but this is what we feel is right for us at this time in our lives. I know that it will be a blessing in our lives and I am so looking forward to it!

Things we did this weekend:
-Marlin and Marei went to the temple while Leatha and I stayed home and watched the kids.
-Marlin had a game today
- I went to a camp training from 9 to 130
- We ate at Panda express
-Marlin went to Walmart because we lost all of Cante's pacifiers..and she LITERALLY cannot sleep without them...uh oh...
-Skyped with Eric (who is in Montreal with Cirque Du Solei)
Here are a few pics of little miss Cante







No comments:

Post a Comment